Sunday, August 25, 2013

The "September" Issue


We're not Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington, and this blog is certainly not Vogue, but the issue of "September", or rather "the beginning", looms just as ominously on our horizons for this Rack Diving #14.




Though the year actually begins in January, for a great many of us, the new year really starts in September/end of August. It's when the last dregs of sweet summer trickle on by and stores all over begin their back to school specials. Being a student, I begin a vague contemplation of where the year will take me...sartorially that is. 



Fall is the best time of the year, at least to me. Not too hot, not too cold, and just frisky enough on the breeze that I am at my leisure to don my most imaginative of jackets. It's a little-known fact about me, I love jackets, they're one of my favorite clothing items; so fall is a great time for me because I can bust out all of my faves.


We love a good blazer over here, and there are seemingly infinite ways to wear them. This time around, we went with a simple white dress and those famed Vince Camuto riding boots for a sweet but sophisticated look. The darkness of the jacket and shoes take this obviously summertime dress into the new season seamlessly. Minimal jewelry and simple blown-out locks tie the look together. 

Dress: F21+
Jacket: Thrift
Boots: Vince Camuto
Ring: Swarovski

This fall looks to be an exciting one, with plus size fashion brands upping the ante slowly but surely towards more competent and trendy/chic selection. Here's to looking good in the new year and, as always, stay fierce!

No comments:

Post a Comment