Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Up the Ante


























I have been MIA for months now, but the other half of The Rack Girls is back! My name is Vikky and I have a committed relationship to fashion and beauty. Welcome, grab a cuppa tea,  and enjoy!



I would like to start with a little bit about me. During my inactive time, I have mostly been working and fine tuning my life - both pretty tiring. Is it just me or are our mid-twenties turning to be as awkward as puberty? No? Anyways, I have decided to spend more than free time on our blogs and starting new projects such a YouTube channel. *whaaaaat?*. I reeeeaaally wanna do this and if you guys would enjoy seeing the Rack Girls in action, please let me know in the comments.

So now for the fun part!  Have I ever mentioned how much I love Autumn? Today the weather was cool and rainy, so I busted out - you guessed it! - my Vince Camuto riding boots and my new asos Biker Parka that I snagged during a sale.



 It was raining so I thought it would be a fantastic idea to shoot outside. NOT! And then, I couldn't get the lighting right inside or edit my face on the second picture so it wouldn't look so ghostly. I look like a ghost that's about to puke! So sexy!

          Plum eyes with nude lips for a warm fall look. 

I love rainy days! I find that my creative juices get flowing and ideas start evolving.  One of my favorite things to do is spend too much time watching and reading product reviews - of course I want to put in my two cents. So ladies and gents, let me tell you about my current obsessions. 


After years of loyalty to MAC foundations, I wanted to explore the vast world of makeup outside my beloved MAC. Well, after several samples of different brands, I bite the bullet and bought the famous Chanel Vitalumière Aqua in B40. The coverage is light to medium and a semi matte finish (if you are on the dry side, this might look more matte on you). This is hella expensive, but I wanted to treat myself and well it is Chanel, my first Chanel. 


I am obsessed candles - Target, I blame you! . I bought this delicious candle from Illume in Black Orchid and Amber. Oh my sweet child! It smells so good and it lingers for hours after you put it out.



Marc Jacobs has a new cosmetics line exclusively at Sephora. I was looking for ages for a dark green foresty color; the ones I found always end up looking too Christmasy green. Sally is just perfect! I first thought the blue hue would show up too much, but my skin color brings the green color. Of course, they got samples out so go on and make your nails pretty. 

I"m so happy to be back and once I got a laptop (mine had gone kapoot!) there should be more goodies out. Alrighty girlies, that's that for now. Stay tuned for new updates. Don't forget to follow us!

tumblr: therackgirls.tumblr.com
instagram: viva_la_vikky

No comments:

Post a Comment